Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Beach Themed Party

For this party the setting was a hotel with a large waterpark. When you opened the door from your room you were able to go straight to the pool area including volleyball, slides and a hot tub. I decided because of this I would plan my party with a beach theme. I mainly looked at Target and Walmart stores and a few local dollar stores for the decorations. My mom, Cindy and I also made a lot of the decorations ourselves. The room was fairly small so most of the decorations were wall ones. We cut out circles for beach balls, flip-flops and sea stars. In order to get a good flip-flop shape, we simply took our flip-flops and traced them. We cut them out, added a string to the top to act as the string on the real flip flop and added some bling. For the sea stars we took some star shapes that are sold at Michael's and Johann's. After tracing and cutting out the stars, I added a smiley face with googly eyes. For the beach ball I found cheap ball cut outs at a garage sale for $1 and hung them up.

For our food bowls we used red, green and yellow bowls we already owned. I think we had found these at Target. At Dollar General I found small plastic boxes that were great for the goody bags. Inside the goody bags I added a towel, a pair of flip flops, sun glasses and lotion.

Sparkling Blackberry Woods Travel-Size Body Lotions - Signature Collection - Bath & Body Works

I bought the lotion at Bath and Body Works in the Travel Size. This costs five dollars, but if you wait for a time when they are having a sale they will most likely be at 3 for $10.

The sunglasses I found in the Dollar Bins at Target. They were shudder shades just like this. 

During a sale in spring Target had $3 pairs of flip flops in zebra print and polka dots. Everyone got a pair to wear to the pool so they didn't have to go barefoot. 
The towels were the most expensive part of the goody basket. At Target they were about $10. I got a different striped color for every guest. These are great quality and after two years are still holding up.


No comments:

Post a Comment